Skip to main content
Manonita Rathore
Gig economy and behaviour &soft skills Expert
Asked a question 9 months ago

What would be the best answer to the question "tell me about yourself" in job interview?

Where am I?

In Safejob Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Manonita Rathore
Gig economy and behaviour &soft skills Expert

Tell me about yourself!

This is the first question you are asked during the interview. Because the way you answer the question decides whether the interviewer will listen to you or just pretend to listen to you. For this you need to be prepared for this question.

First you need to tell, who you are? – start off with summary of the education  with some adjectives for example “! I am Sahil I am a hardworking computer science engineer graduated with CGPA 8” and so on. Next you should tell about your best work. You should give the list of accomplishment with the proof of a performance. Remember not to use superlatives like “ I am the best in this.” students can tell the training and can relate the skills with the jobs.

you need to and your answer by telling them why you applying and why you fit for this job . Don’t bore the interviewer with your life history that is why you shouldn’t be saying that “I had problems with my boss , so I am finding new jobs.”

With confidence and correct grammar you can answer the question in best way.