Difference between Personnel Management and Human Resource Management: 11 Points
Difference # Personnel Management:
1. PM is a functional area and a function.
2. PM is one of the functional areas in HRM.
3. Labour treated as a tool which is expandable and replaceable.
4. Interest of organization are uppermost
5. PM is interested in the orderly way of administration.
6. PM is primarily concerned with selection, recruitment and administration of manpower.
7. Managing people for maximizing output is the basic of PM.
8. Maintaining records, enforcing rules, punishing the guilty and the administration of HRM.
9. PM is more concerned with preserving information and maintaining the secrecy of information.
10. PM is so important function meant only to hire employees and maintain their records.
11. PM precedes HRM.
Difference # Human Resource Management:
1. HRM is primarily a philosophy, an attitude an approach, a policy and a practice.
2. HRM must remain at the centre of Management itself.
3. Treats people as a resource or as a set used for the benefit of an organization, its employees and society as a whole.
4. A distinct philosophy of Management aiming at mutuality of interests.
5. HRM intervention is more concerned with people, team building and team work.
6. HRM concentrates more on motivation, morale, boosting and job satisfaction.
7. HRD is at the centre of HRM.
8. Counselling, career planning, developing and correcting and keeping of HRM determining more important aspects intact are the concern of PM.
9. Communication system is one of the most indispensable tasks of HRM.
10. Integrated into overall strategic management
11. Latest in the evolution of the subject.