Core Banking Solution (CBS) is networking of branches, which enables customers to operate their accounts, and avail banking services from any branch of the Bank on CBS network, regardless of where he maintains his account. The customer is no more the customer of a branch, he becomes the bank’s customer.
Another interesting fact regarding CBS is that all CBS branches are inter-connected with each other. Therefore, Customers of CBS branches can avail various banking facilities from any other CBS branch located anywhere in the world.
It offers invariably all information that a bank's customer would need if he/she visits a bank branch in person.
These are as follows:-
- To make enquiries about the balance or debit or credit entries in the account.
- To obtain cash payment out of his account by tendering a cheque.
- To deposit a cheque for credit into his account.
- To deposit cash into the account.
- To deposit cheques/cash into account of some other person who has account in a CBS branch.
- To get the statement of account.
- To transfer funds from his account to some other account – his own or of third party, provided both accounts are in CBS branches.
- To obtain Demand Drafts or Banker’s Cheques from any branch on CBS – amount shall be online debited to his account.
Customers can continue to use ATMs and other delivery channels, which are also interfaced with CBS platform.