Skip to main content
Jahnvi Singh Parihar
Communication Skills, Educational Technology & Operations Expert
Asked a question 9 months ago

Mention the types of communication.

Where am I?

In Safejob Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Jahnvi Singh Parihar
Communication Skills, Educational Technology & Operations Expert

There are various definitions of communication, and in a moment I will give you three of them. They are not all the same, but they mostly only differ in fairly minor ways. The word itself is derived from the Latin verb communicare, which means "to share" or "to make common". That derivation provides one half of the English meaning of communication. The other half of the meaning of communication has to do with information and meaning. These are related, but not identical, concepts. However, in simple definitions like the three shown below, information is far more likely to be mentioned, than meaning. Why is that? It is difficult to do justice to the interaction between information and meaning in a brief definition, or indeed, in any brief fashion. This matter will be addressed in various chapters and appendices. For now, though, I will simply say that, while information always means something, it rarely, if ever, means exactly the same thing to different people. 

THREE SIMPLE DEFINITIONS OF COMMUNICATION ARE-

 Communication is the sharing of information

 Communication is the giving and receiving of messages 

 Communication is the transfer of information from one or more people to one or more other people

The first of these three definitions is the simplest, and also the broadest. Because of those qualities, it is also a little nonspecific. The second definition reminds us that information, here called a message, must be received, as well as sent, to complete the process. 

TYPES OF COMMUNICATION 

Verbal Communication

1.Oral 

2. Written 

Non Verbal Communication

1. kinesics (Body language) 

2. Haptics (Touch ) 

3. Proxemics (Space distancing) 

4. Chronemics 

5. Sign language 

6. para language