E-Learning or online learning essentially includes learning online through the courses that are offered on the net. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of E-Learning.
- You are able to link the various resources in several varying formats.
- It is a very efficient way of delivering courses online.
- Due to its convenience and flexibility, the resources are available from anywhere and at any time.
- Everyone, who are part time students or are working full time, can take advantage of web-based learning.
- Web-based learning promotes active and independent learning.
- Most of the online assessments are limited to questions that are only objective in nature.
- There is also the problem of the extent of security of online learning programs.
- The authenticity of a particular student's work is also a problem as online just about anyone can do a project rather than the actual student itself.
- The assessments that are computer marked generally have a tendency of being only knowledge-based and not necessarily practicality-based.