Skip to main content
Manonita Rathore
Gig economy and behaviour &soft skills Expert
Asked a question 9 months ago

How to ace a job interview?

Where am I?

In Safejob Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Manonita Rathore
Gig economy and behaviour &soft skills Expert

Here are some tips  that will help you to Ace the interview~ 

i. going for an interview in any company you need to research about that company or industry. The interviewer can ask you questions related to this. He may ask you “how did you perceive the company ? or who is the competitor of this company? ” for this reason, you need to focus on a job and search only few companies or industries instead of dozen different companies or industries.

ii. Clearing out your “ selling point” that is , why you want the Job. Before going for interview you need to prepare 5 key selling point in your mind like:-  1. What makes you best candidate for the position? . 2 why you want this job? 3. Which includes interests you about in it? . 4. What reward it gives you that you find valuable? 5. Ability required for this position that you possess.

iii. Think why they will not hire you . Anticipating the interviewer's concern will help you to prepare for interview more. The position has many candidate so you need to ask yourself why they might not want to hire you .  

iv. There are many common questions that are asked in many interviews. Be prepared with them. You can take help of internet or the books to find those question and best way to answer them.

v. Many a time interviewer make up their mind about the candidate in the first 5 minutes of the interview. Because of this you need to score success in first 5 minutes itself. You should start off with the positive comment about the company like “I have really been looking forward for this meeting.”  

vi. Complaining, dwelling about the negative experience during the interview will put a bad impression and no one likes complainer you should think positive. Even if the interviewer ask you about your past experiences you should answer in a positive manner for example “ well!  actually I have found something or the other that I like in every classes”

vii. Many a times the interview begin with the most common question that is “tell me about yourself”. You make the most of it. don't start the story of your life interview is not interested in them try to answer with all your key selling points as it is a golden opportunity to have the tension of the interviewer.

viii. Your body Language speaks more about yourself. You need to speak the right body language full stop dressing appropriately , making eye contact, having a good posture ,speaking clearly are the most important factors.

ix. Practice! Practice! Practice!  this is only thing you can do to achieve something. That is practice the questions and trying answering them with confidence and convincing  way. In first time you will garbled and confused but no worries try harder you will get it .

x. Close on positive note .  That means if you manage to come to the end of the interview then you should ask for the job you really liked and it will show that you were excited before and now also for the job.

Related Questions

Question Stats

0 followers
Asked a question 9 months ago
Views this month