- Retail banking is a part of bank that directly deal with consumers or individuals, located in the nearby city
- Retail banking is an activity done by bank with the customers face to face.
- Retail banking is clear or visible face to the consumer.
- Retail banking is also named as Consumer banking or Personal banking.
- It includes the services like savings account, current accounts, different types of loan, mortgages, debit and credit card, retirement planning, certificate of deposit etc.
- For retail banking, customer deposit is the most important source of fund.
- Retail bank makes profit from the interest margin of the lender and borrower transaction.
- Corporate banking only provide services to the large business corporations and business groups.
- Corporate banking first used in United States of America to differ it from the investment banking.
- Corporate banking is also known as Business banking.
- In short corporate banking is a one type of segment that caters service to the range of clients from big corporate firm to mid-scale company.
- Corporate banking earn profit from interest and fees they charge for services.
- Corporate banking provide services like saving account, current account, loan facility like secured and unsecured and credit facility to corporates.
- It also offer some more services like Trade finance, Foreign exchange, Custody, and Derivatives.
- In short it offers a services that are tailor-made to corporate firms.